14 July 2020
23 March 2020
SAFETY MEASURES DUE TO COVID-19
Although there are no infected cases of the COVID-19 (Corona) virus on Bonaire, Saba and St. Eustatius, the current situation still requires appropriate measures and actions for employees, clients and stakeholders.
In order to continue client-care in a safe manner, we have taken the following measures.
New referrals (from GPs, etc.) are currently still being accepted. However, we would like to request our referrers to practice reservation with references that are not urgent at the moment. In the event of a COVID-19 contamination, only emergency references will be accepted on the island in question.
- MHC employees continue consultations by telephone as much as possible.
- If it is not possible by telephone, the employees will make a home visit. During home visits, our employees will always adhere to the rules of hygiene and social distancing.
- Clients are invited to the office as little as possible.
- When recognizing symptoms (colds, shortness of breath, and fever) we discuss this with the client and advise the client to contact their GP / Public Health Department.
- Group matters are postponed until further notice (such as discussion groups, etc.).
Sentro Nos Perseveransia (residential training facility on Bonaire)
- Daytime activities have been temporarily stopped. If necessary, a (temporary) solution will be sought in consultation with the client and referrer
- New admissions have been temporarily stopped. If necessary, a (temporary) solution will be sought in consultation with the client and referrer
- Visitors for clients will be limited. Guests are not allowed in the clients’ rooms.
- SNP staff closely monitor whether clients show symptoms of COVID-19.
By applying the rules of social distancing, we try to remain in contact with our stakeholders by telephone as much as possible. Employees are advised to participate as little as possible in physical meetings.
These measures will be reviewed if circumstances in the Caribbean and surrounding area give cause to do so. We ask everyone to respect and apply these measures. Only together can we ensure that the necessary care is continued as much as possible.
For current information about the COVID-19 virus, see the RIVM website at https://www.rivm.nl/en/news/current-information-about-novel-coronavirus-covid-19.
10 July 2020
03 April 2020