Working and learning
The versatility of our work and the ongoing social relevance make MHC an attractive place to work and learn. In this menu ‘Working and Learning’ you can find information about our vacancies and our personnel policy.
Click here for vacancies
To get an idea of what it’s like to work at MHC, our colleagues on Bonaire can tell you more about it in these videos:
Mental Health Caribbean has an interest in realizing internships for recruitment and selection of new employees who already have a certain familiarity with addict-care and psychiatry. We also consider it important to contribute to the learning process of future employees by sharing our knowledge and experience. For this reason, MHC has been recognized as a training company by the ROA CN (Education Labor Market Caribbean Netherlands Council). This means that our employees transfer knowledge and craftsmanship to students, so that they are trained for their future profession. We guide students in a responsible manner during their practical internship, help them develop competencies and familiarize them with the field.
Requests for internships can be sent to the general email address of MHC: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please enclose a motivation letter and CV.
Regularly vacancies are available at Mental Health Caribbean. This is due on the one hand to the outflow of staff and on the other through the expansion of activities. MHC is committed to following a careful procedure. This way we can ensure that we can bind the right people to MHC in the right way.
The following basic principles apply:
- Candidates who meet the job requirements and are from the Caribbean or candidates who have their roots in the Caribbean are preferred.
- The applicant will be informed about the procedure to be followed, whether or not selection tools are applicable (e.g. an assessment), contacting references, the duration of the application period, etc.
- Applicants will be provided with all the information necessary to form the most complete picture of the position to be filled at MHC.
- The information provided by the applicant or collected about him/her remains confidential.
- MHC will inform the applicant, if possible within 14 days of obtaining the application, that he/she has either been rejected or is invited for an interview or that the application has been held for a specified period.
- If rejected, all data regarding the applicant will be destroyed. If the applicant gives permission to keep the data, this is for a maximum of 6 months.
- The applicant can, if desired, request the reason for rejection by telephone.
- The explicit permission of the applicant is required to request references.